Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)-
Provide direct and indirect patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Assist patients with activities of daily living, provide personal care, comforts and assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group of residents.
* Ability to meet performance requirements
* Educate and Training
* Must be Certified Nursing Assistant
* Attend in-service programs, as assigned, to learn procedures and develop skills and meet state requirements
* Personal Qualifications:
* Sensitive to our residents physical and psychosocial needs.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Capable of charting accurately of the Residents Care Record or other similar form
* Pleasant and cheerful personality
* Tactful and Courteous approach with residents and Visitors
* Treat all residents information as confidential material
* Adhere to dress code as directed by Center Policy.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required:
* Understand and practice universal precautions with all resident care
* Perform all task/Procedures included on assignment or report to charge nurse any task not completed.
* Assists in the preparation for admission of residents
* Assist in and accompanies residents in admission, Transfer, and
discharge procedures (Packing, unpacking, etc)
* Provides post-mortem care
* Provide morning care, which may include bed bath, Oral Hygiene,
combing hair, back care, dressing residents, changing bed linen,
cleaning over-bed table and bedside stand, straightening room, and
other general care as necessary throughout the day.
* Provide evening care, which may include washing hands/face as
needed, oral hygiene, special skin care, freshening linen, cleaning
over-bed tables, straightening room, and other general care as needed.
* Provides general nursing care such as positioning residents, Lifting
and turning residents, Applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode, and ambulating the resident with a gait belt.
* Takes and records temperature, pulse, respirations, weight, height,
blood pressure and intake and output measures
* Adheres to policies and procedures of the center and the Department of Nursing.
* Participates in socialization activities on the unit and assists residents to activities.
* Tums and positions as ordered and/or as needed, making sure no rough surfaces are in direct contact with the body. Lifts and turns with proper and safe mechanics and with available resources.
* Checks for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to an RN or LPN
* Ensures that residents are dressed properly and assists as necessary.
Ensures that clothing is properly stored in dressers or on hangers.
Ensures that all residents are clean and dry at all times
* Check unit for adequate linen and supplies
* Restrains residents properly when ordered. Understands reasons fro
restraint and suggests less restrictive measures if possible
* Accompanies residents to appointments as directed
* Provides reality orientation in daily care
* Prepares residents for meals and services, removes food trays and
assists with meals or feeding residents
* Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to residents
* Performs general care activities for residents in isolation, adhering to the center’s Infection Control Policies
* Answers residents call lights, anticipates residents needs, and make rounds to assigned residents
* Assists residents with handling and care of clothing and other personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aides,
and prosthetic devices)
* Collects and transports specimens as directed
* Reports (and records when appropriate) and changes observed in
condition or behavior of resident and any unusual incidents
* Familiar with Nursing Care Plans and contributes when new
information is available.
* Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment, reports
equipment that is out of order, reports other problems to the charge
nurse, maintains appropriate handling of clean and soiled lined, and stores supplies on the unit.
* Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with residents, family members, and other center personnel, while assuring
confidentiality of resident information
* Attends in-service education programs, as needed, to learn new
procedures, develop skills, etc
* Practice careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and linen, and follows established charge procedures for resident charge items.