• This position is the first point of care in a medical practice.
• Assists the Provider with patient procedures and may perform routine laboratory tests.
• Works hand- in- hand with the Provider.
• Lead MA is responsible for the day to day smooth operation and delivery of patient care.
• Responsible for the utilization of best practice guidelines/practices in their practice.
• Lead MA will serve as the clinical resource in the absence of the Clinical Supervisor or Clinical Practice Lead.
• Monday-Friday. 8:00a-5:00p.
• Must be a Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant.
• Graduate of an approved school of Medical Assisting.
• Associates Degree preferred.
• Certified to perform BLS per the American Heart Association.
• Minimum of one year of experience in a medical office as a Medical Assistant.
• Remains current in his or her practice as evidenced by receipt of 10 hours annually of CEU's