- POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Receives incoming patient calls regarding patient billing and insurance issues. Makes outgoing calls to patients requesting payment on past-due balances. Works with Medical Receptionists and Registration Specialists regarding booking delinquent accounts. Corrects account errors. Accepts payments from patients.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two to four years patient accounting and collection experience.
- Ability to utilize the principles and processes of providing customer service.
- Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner.
- Ability to interpret accounts and records.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing.
- Basic computer skills.
Additional Details: Collections experience strongly preferred.