Trust, engagement, competence, respect and passion – these are the values under which North Shore Healthcare operates every day. Our dedicated team of professionals strive to deliver quality care to our residents and their families. We are one of the leading employers and providers of post-acute care in the Midwest and we are seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you value being a leader, working in a progressive environment and having opportunities to grow in your career, North Shore Healthcare is the Right Choice for you.
Summary of position:
Responsible for the planning, organization, direction, supervision and evaluation of all the nursing services provided in the center. Ensures nursing department compliance with federal, state and local regulations and implementation of Center nursing core programs. Ensures maintenance of records and reports concerning resident care. Ensures the orientation and training of nursing services personnel. Manages the Nursing department within budget. Follows all Center policies and procedures.
Requirements of the position:
Required Education and Experience
* Current RN license with the state
* At least 3 years of demonstrated success in Nursing leadership position
* Must have good financial and management skills. Must be able to adapt to a flexible work schedule and occasional overnight travel. Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other center staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Meets all health requirements, as required by law. Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft products
Preferred Education and Experience
* 2 or more years of experience as a Director of Nursing in Post-Acute Care setting
* Experience in a fast-paced environment
We offer a comprehensive benefit packages which includes:
* Health insurance for full-time employees starting the first of the month following 30 days of employment
* Dental and vision insurance for full and part-time staff
* 401(K) Program for full and part-time staff
* 6 paid holidays plus one floating holiday for full-time staff
* Company paid life insurance for full-time staff
* Voluntary life and disability insurance for full-time staff
* Paid Time Off
Our mission is to establish a culture that reinforces the values necessary to be the premier health services provider and employer in each of the communities we serve. We understand that choosing where you want to go in your career is a big decision. We would like the opportunity to show you that North Shore Healthcare is the Right Choice for you.