The Corporate Compliance officer, health care, position establishes and implements an effective compliance program to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct. The compliance officer acts as staff to the CEO and Governing Board by monitoring and reporting results of the compliance and ethics efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the Board and senior management team on matters relating to reporting and compliance. The corporate compliance officer, together with the Corporate Compliance Committee, is authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program.
* The position requires a bachelor’s degree.
* A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a healthcare organization are required.
* Must be able to demonstrate leadership ability and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
* Familiarity with healthcare laws, regulations and standards.
* Understanding of coding and reimbursement systems, risk management and performance improvement is helpful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct
* Manages day-to-day operation of the compliance program.
* Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
* Collaborates with other departments (for example, human resources, chief security officer and health information management director) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
* Consults with general counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
* Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
* Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
* Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
* Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activated and to identify trends.
* Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
* Provides reports on a regular basis and, as directed or requested, keeps the Corporate Compliance Committee and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
* Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
* Establishes and provides direction and management of the compliance hotline.
* Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting
* Use of compliance hotline
* Heightened awareness of standards of conduct, and
* Understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures
* Works with the human resource department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees and ongoing training for all employees and managers
* Monitors the performance of the compliance program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
The position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
The is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-are and overnight travel may be expected.