Performs laboratory testing, including waived, moderate and high complexity, to comply with applicable regulations of organizations governing laboratories and according to established procedures to aid the physician in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients. Utilizes professional judgment and critical thinking skills to develop new procedures or methods, educate others and improve systems. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to provide quality patient care and exceptional customer service.
1. Organizes and performs laboratory testing in lab areas that are assigned and in which employee is determined competent. Ensures that testing is in compliance with applicable laboratory governing bodies.
2. Uses critical thinking skills and professional judgment to evaluate test results, troubleshoot complex lab problems and provide clinical interpretations and expertise to other healthcare staff.
3. Assures quality results through the use and evaluation of control materials, proper instrument maintenance, proper daily documentation and collection and analysis of appropriate samples.
4. Performs routine function checks and maintenance on laboratory analyzers, troubleshoots and repairs instrumentation.
5. Assists in the training of personnel in clinical procedures, the use and operation of instrumentation, quality control procedures, record keeping, troubleshooting of instrumentation, and communication of normal and abnormal patient data in timely manner.
6. Utilizes laboratory information system (LIS) and network appropriately and efficiently.
7. Completes a minimum of ten (10) continuing education contact hours per year or twenty (20) contact hours per two years.
8. I understand that it is not within my scope of practice to handle any medications that I might inadvertently come in contact with, including medications delivered in the pneumatic tube system. If I do come in contact with medications I know to a licensed employee for them to handle
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Maintains knowledge and skills applicable to the job through continuing education to comply with current state regulations.
· Is personable and customer service oriented. Demonstrates ability to positively interact with persons of different ethnic, spiritual, moral and cultural beliefs.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail.
· Shows willingness to read, understand, and follow all policies and procedures, as defined for the organization and department.
· Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Salary: Grade 230 $25.79 - $32.88/hr (midpoint)