The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning all of the resident apartments, public areas, common areas, and work areas and doing laundry for both the residents and the community, in accordance with property policies and procedures.
* Clean all resident apartments, as directed
* Bathroom – clean toilet, shower/bathtub, counter/sinks, mirror, and floor
* Bedrooms – strip linens from bed, wash, dry and fold linens, make bed with clean linens
* Kitchen – clean counters, sink, floor, wipe down top/outside of appliances
* Throughout – wipe door handles, vacuum/sweep/mop floors, dust, take out trash
* Clean all public areas, common areas and work areas, as directed
* Bathrooms, to include: cleaning toilet, counter/sink, mirror, and floor
* Carpets, to include: vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, disinfecting
* Floors, to include: sweeping, sweeping, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, and disinfecting. NOTE: Ensure that the appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up prior to performing such duties.
* Walls and ceilings by: washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing
* Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions
* Entrance/Exit ways in recreational areas, hallways, stairways and elevators
* Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
* Clean and stock cart before placing cart in locked storage room. Ensure all chemicals are inaccessible to residents. Housekeeping cart must be locked and inaccessible to residents when unattended. Take mops and cleaning cloths to designated area at the end of shift.
* Complete community laundry and ironing, as assigned. Complete both resident personal laundry and ironing, as assigned.
* Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner and keep work/assignment area free of hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
* Use appropriate protective equipment and supplies when handling infectious material and/or hazardous waste and/or chemicals.
* Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning. Refer to manufacturer’s instructions when necessary.
* Follow established policies governing the use of labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
* Report missing or inappropriately labeled containers of hazardous chemicals to the Housekeeping Supervisor or Maintenance Director.
* Ensure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained when performing housekeeping procedures and follow established policies governing the use/disposal of personal protective equipment and disposal of infectious wastes.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
* Must be eighteen (18) years of age
* Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
* Prefer prior housekeeping or janitorial experience
* Able to safely operate standard household equipment (dishwasher, iron, vacuum, washer, dryer)
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the theory and practice of assisted living and dementia care
* Able to work with seniors and patiently interact with cognitively impaired individuals
* Able to be flexible, adapt and respond to change, make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize tasks and projects.
* Able to process information and apply common sense understanding to follow and carry out written or oral instructions.
* Able to analyze, solve and respond to problems or concerns.
* Able to count and perform moderately complex math problems
* Able to read, write and speak the English language and to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, health care professionals, residents, and their families
* Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
* Able to obtain and maintain valid first aid certification
* Able to obtain and maintain valid Food Handler’s certification, as needed
* Be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job. Good physical health, verified by a health screening, including a chest x-ray or an intradermal test result not more than 6 months prior or seven (7) days after employment