Pine Creek is excited to find some great candidates for our nursing department. Our nursing department will help you grow in your profession.
The LVN implements the established plan of care for each assigned group of resident’s. Responsibilities include total care for chronically ill and technologically dependent residents, administration of medications, performance of treatments, provision of resident/family education as directed, and maintenance of a record of the care provided. Under the direct supervision of the RN, assists with the planning, coordination, and provision of individualized resident care in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
* LVN graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
* Current, valid LVN licensure to practice in the state
Current BCLS certification
* Minimum 6 months prior LVN experience in the past 2 years in a general acute care hospital or acquired equivalent competency appropriate to the type of sub-acute residents the facility provides care to
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Perform assigned resident care duties in a manner that provides for the physical, psycho-social, and spiritual needs of the chronically ill and technologically dependent resident, incorporating cultural and ethnic factors
* Complete initial and ongoing assessments by gathering data in a timely manner, incorporating functional/development age factors into the assessment process
* Correctly differentiates between normal and abnormal clinical findings and intervenes in accordance with clinical standards of practice and per physician orders
* Work collaboratively with the resident/family and interdisciplinary team members to develop an individualized plan of care for each resident
* Demonstrate sound clinical judgment in the implementation, and evaluation of the nursing aspects of interdisciplinary resident care plan of care
* Proficiently and accurately monitor and report resident condition changes to the Registered Nurse, attending physician, family, interdisciplinary team members, and Director of Nursing or ADON
* Follow through on resident care services needed to meet the individualized needs of each resident
* Administer medications in a proficient manner, including pain management
* If IV certified, proficiently provide IV care needs within the scope of practice for an LVN and per facility policy
* Provide treatment administration in a proficient manner per direction from the physician, which includes but is not limited to wound packing, irrigation, indwelling catheter care, etc.
* Proficiently provide and manage the care of technologically dependent residents, including but not limited to:
* * Ventilator dependency
* Ostomies such as, but not limited to, tracheostomy, ileostomy, urostomy, gastrostomy, etc.
* Enteral feeding tubes
* Tracheosomy care
* Participate in the identification of resident/family educational needs and provide individualized teaching which considers the functional/developmental age and needs of the resident. Monitor and document the effectiveness of the education provided
* Demonstrate knowledge of age specific care, including but not limited to identifying safety measures, physiological normal values/reading; assessing skin integrity, behavior, motor skills and/or activities that place the residents at risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise, and understandable manner
* Demonstrate knowledge and appropriate monitoring of signs/symptoms of abuse and/or neglect of residents. Report and document suspected abuse/neglect in accordance with facility policy and regulatory guidelines