This is a Weekend Part time Position.
Prepare and serve meals in accordance with the menu, recipes and special diet restrictions. Assist with washing dishes, silverware, pots, pans and equipment. Stock supplies. Adhere to proper sanitation, temperature controls, storage, delivery, safety and cleanliness practices as .outlined in facilities HAACP Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Uphold Mission, Philosophies and Values.
* Prepare and assist in serving meals in accordance with the menu and recipes.
* Adhere to residents special diet restrictions.
* Provide proper food transportation, plate-up and portion control.
* Interact with residents on a daily basis to ascertain _their views, suggestions and concerns on meals served at the direction of Food Service Director.
* Assist with washing dishes, silverware, pots, pans and equipment after each meal. Ensure that all items are clean and spotless.
* Perform tasks as assigned on cleaning schedule.
* Maintain and record proper temperature controls, food storage and food rotation.
* Responsible for stocking cafe and resident snack/beverage areas.
* Adhere to safety and sanitary practices.
* Meet regularly with Food Service Director regarding menus, service, procedures, etc.
Report any unusual incidents to the Food Service Director, Executive Director/General Manager or Manager ori Duty.
* Respond and assist with any resident, staff, guest or c:ommunity emergency.
* Maintain a professional appearance.
* Assist with special events as needed.
* Maintain all equipment in a clean and safe manner.
* Maintain a professional caring approach when dealing with residents, families, staff, visitors, vendors and the general public.
* Attend all meetings that the Food Service Director, Executive Director/General Manager or Manager on Duty deems necessary.
* Any other duties as required by the Food Service Director, Executive Director/General Manager or Manager on Duty.
Requires a minimum of one year experience in restaurant cooking and general kitchen operations. Experience working in an as_sisted living, retirement or senior health care environment preferred. Requires high school education or equivalent. Must possess the ability to read, write and speak English. Must possess strong oral, written and telephone skills. Must be dependable, lift 50 pounds unassisted and have the ability to work on your feet for eight hours a day, five days a week. Must possess knowledge of safe sanitation practices, safety practices and special diets; be certified in First Aid/CPR, can obtairi a Food Handlers Permit and be capable of meeting all requirements that may be specified by the state or other regulatory agencies.