All Shifts (8 hour, 10 hour and 12 hour shifts)
Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing
RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISING:
Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Assistants and others as assigned
To provide consistent application and over sight of the center’s Resident Assessment Instrument process assuring timely and accurate assessment according to CMS and OBRA guidelines.
Through leadership and demeanor; represents the center in a positive manner both in the medical community and in the community as a whole.
* Registered Nurse – graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice nursing in the state. (AANAC Certification preferred)
* Professional experience in the practice of geriatrics nursing.
* Thorough knowledge of CPCS system
* Knowledge and expertise in the completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument including all applicable rules and regulations.
* Knowledge of SNF Part A Medicare and Consolidated billing rules
* Ability to conduct and document accurate assessments of patients
* Ability to interview patients and families to ensure an accurate picture of the patient’s psychosocial/medical status is obtained
* Ability to coordinate with other disciplines to ensure accurate and timely completion of the MDS.
* Organizational skills, ability to schedule and meet deadlines
* Monitoring the overall medical record to validate support of MDS coding
* Works with interdisciplinary team to assure timely completion of Resident Assessment Protocols and Patient Care Plans
* Supports the accuracy of medical record documentation through ongoing in-services to center partners
* Communication with the bookkeeping department
* Ability to be on feet standing or walking 8-12 hours per day
* Ability to lift 60–70 lbs on an occasional basis
* Ability to Able to bend, stoop, squat, and twist numerous times daily.
* Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests form patients.
* Able to speak in clear concise voice in order to communicate with patients who may be hearing impaired.
* Able to carry out fine motor skills and manual dexterity.
* Able to manage own stress effectively.
* Complete calendar for MDS time frame and communicate with all departments to ensure completion timeliness from all departments
* Responsible for coordinating timely accurate completions of patient Assessments (MDS).
* Verifies completeness and accuracy of MDS through signing and dating of attestation statement.
* Responsible for keeping the administrator and director of nursing informed of errors, defaults and deficits in the center’s documentation and assessment system which would impact MDS accuracy or completion.
* Coordinating with other departments to ensure accurate timing and scheduling of patient care plan meetings.
* Coordinates with therapy and nursing in the selection of assessment reference dates.
* Performs other duties as assigned