*$3000 $ign-On Bonu$!!!:
*5-Star CMS HealthCare Center:
Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, and Registered Nurse Managers
RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISING:
Nursing Assistants and others as assigned
Supports the mission of NHC. Exemplifies “The Better Way” through leadership and demeanor. Represents the center in a positive manner both in the medical community and in the community as a whole.
Health – Ability to meet performance requirements:
Education and Training:
* Graduate from a nursing program accredited by the State.
* Maintains a current unencumbered licensed to practice in the state where employed
* Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth. Attends continuing education offerings and through teaching and mentoring, contributes to the ongoing education of partners under his/her supervision
Job Knowledge and Capabilities:
* Is responsible for maintaining clinical competency as evidenced by application of integrated nursing knowledge and skills, leadership and communication skills.
* Utilizes the nursing process in assessment, planning and implementing care.
* Exhibits organizational ability related to work flow, prioritizing to meet the patient care needs
* Integrates current standards of practice as well as local, state, and federal regulations related to nursing services in the care of patients.
* Practices continuous quality improvement thinking and problem solving skills.
* Able to be on feet standing or walking 8-12 hours per day
* Able to lift 60-70 lbs on occasional basis
* Able to bend, stoop, squat and twist numerous times a day
* Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests
* Able to speak in clear, concise voice in order to communicate with patients who may be hearing impaired
* Able to carry out fine motor skills and manual dexterity
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required:
* Working with the interdisciplinary care team, to assure accurate patient assessment and development/revisions of individualized plans of care.
* Maintains open and ongoing communication with patients and families, providing opportunity and encouragement to participate in decision making.
* Assure that nursing partners have been assigned duties
* Make rounds, with specific attention to high acuity patients
* Monitor unit/units to ensure that appropriate nursing care (according to established policies and procedures) is being provided and that doctors and families are being notified of changes in patients’ condition
* Assume responsibility for assisting with meds and treatments as needed.
* Assist with admitting patients and processing of physician orders as required.
* Assist with hiring and supervision and participates in the orientation of new nursing partners
* Assures the personal dignity and physical safety of each patient. Assist patients to attain the highest level of self-care possible.
* Assist physician during rounds
* Supervise nursing partners as assigned. Complete performance evaluations as required (two times per year).
* Make changes in staffing schedule as indicated by absence and illness and contact additional help to assure staffing levels are maintained in order to meet the care needs of patients
* Carry out personnel disciplinary action(s) (written, verbal warnings, suspension and termination) promptly and effectively as stated in personnel policies and amendments.
* Maintain the security of the premises and direct unauthorized persons coming on the premises to leave
* Perform weekly skin assessments, incident reports, nursing summaries, recording of patient weights, alert charting, daily skilled nurses notes and other documentation as assigned.
* Relieve other shifts if needed.
* Participate in ON-CALL Program
* Attend in-service education programs and participates in Silver Chair Training, as assigned, to learn new procedures, develop skills, etc.
* Leads by example and performs hands on care, answers call lights and assist C.N.A.’s in their duties when needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Willingness to work with the realization that errors may have serious consequences for patients.
* Patience and tact in dealing with patients.
* Review and practice the promises of NHC’s Better Way expectations.
* Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks.
* Subject to night, weekend and holiday duty.
* Able to establish and maintain relationships with patients, family members, and other center personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.