Responsible to plan, organize, develop, direct and delegate (as appropriate) the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and facility policies. The objective is to ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois and/or Wisconsin.
* Minimum of one (1) year nursing service administration experience.
* Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within two weeks of employment.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures.
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with personnel.
* Must be personable, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics enabling these senses to function adequately so the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Accepts work assignment as directed by appropriate authority. This may require different floors, customers, work load and multiple tasks as assigned.
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the Nursing Department.
* Assure all Nursing procedures and protocols are followed in accordance with established policies. Reviews annually for revisions and make recommendations to the Administrator.
* Directly supervise and instruct the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden on a number of topics to promote job knowledge.
* Identify problems, develop and implement solutions with the assistance of the Administration.
* Develops and implements a nursing/rehab/restorative philosophy that promotes quality nursing, rehab, restorative care for each resident.
* Assure adequate staff on all shifts.
Perform other related duties as assigned.