Summary of Duties:
Provide assistance in dietary preparation and cleanup for residents and guests of the Community.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
* Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning, including carry out garbage and keeping work areas clean, dry, and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
* Clean and set up trays, food carts, the dining room, etc. as instructed.
* Work as a Cook as directed.
* Maintain proper temperature of food during preparation and service.
* Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
* Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
* Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils, etc., are readily available for the next meal.
* Prepare food and supplies for the next meal.
* Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
* Assist in inventory and storing of food, supplies, etc., and maintain food storage areas in a clean, properly-arranged manner at all times.
* Assist in food preparation for special events.
* Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
* Make only authorized food substitutions.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. No experience required. On-the-job training provided. Must complete Serve Safe Program.
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions:
* Must be able to move about consistently throughout the workday.
* Must be able to reach, bend, and/or stoop intermittently throughout the workday.
* Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry up to 50 pounds utilizing proper body mechanics and assistance.
* Must be able to push, pull, or move a minimum of 100 pounds utilizing proper body mechanics and assistance.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must be able to walk/stand 75% of the day.