Part Time LPN:
To develop, coordinate and implement programs and services for residents with cognitive impairment; to provide a therapeutic environment that maintains each resident’s highest level of well being of mind, body and spirit.
* Serves as charge nurse during shifts worked, when the Director of Resident Care and Administrator are not in the building.
* Administering medications per physician’s orders.
* Communicating with physicians related to orders, services and care needs.
* Following the residents’ plans of care as prescribed by the physicians.
* Documenting residents services, changes of condition, exceptions and incidents, as well as documentation of all follow-up.
* Assists with developing individualized care plans and interventions.
* Collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and families to provide care and services.
* Supervision of certified nurse assistants and direct care aides.
* Compliance with state regulations and community standards.
* Collaboration with external professional health service providers.
* Assists with coordinating the programming of resident care activities.
* Any other duties as assigned by the Administrator and/or Director of Resident Care.
* Must possess a current unencumbered LPN license.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Knowledgeable of applicable state regulations.
* Must read, write, speak and understand English.
* Knowledge and experience in working with older adults.
* Ability to communicate residents and families.
* Maintains professional conduct with associates. Supervisory experience desirable.
* Must have upper body strength adequate to bend, lift, shift, move, and/or assist in moving articles of more than twenty-five pounds.
* Must be able to squat, reach, stretch without distress, Must be able to tolerate extended periods walking, standing.