At Liberty Healthcare and Rehabilitation Services, we promote a challenging, but rewarding opportunity in a caring environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced:
COOK - Dietary Aide
Full Time, Days
- Follows planned menus.
- Prepares food items for resident and staff meals, as well as special events.
- Plans cooking schedule to have food ready to serve on time.
- Prepares and cooks food according to tested recipes and established guidelines.
- Prepares desserts, pastries, breads, and salads.
- Carves meats in portions required.
- Prepares food for special diets.
- Serves food timely and attractively in proper utensils.
- Serves food either hot or cold as required.
- Prepares and covers trays for patients not coming to dining room, as needed.
- Takes requests for extra servings of food or beverages.
- Clears and cleans tables in dining rooms when needed.
- Washes, rinses and sanitizes pots, pans and service ware according to established procedures and assists with other cleaning as needed or assigned.
- Keeps stove, sinks, cabinets, tables and equipment cleaned and sanitized.
- Maintains a clean department at all times, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, garbage removal, equipment cleaning, etc.
- Utilizes the most sanitary methods to handle, prepare, and serve food.
- Assists with other dietary requirements as assigned, including paperwork.
- In the absence of the Dietary Director, will assume responsibility for the dietary department and will be in charge of staff. If inadequate staff is available, will assume responsibility for finding replacements and will work an assignment is replacement staff cannot be found.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must purchase and wear required uniform.
- Must be able to use equipment without jeopardizing the safety of self, other, or equipment.
- Must be able to use supplies economically.
- Must attend in-service training and other staff meetings as required.
- Demonstrates neat appearance and good personal hygiene.
- Must read, know and follow personnel, department and Facility policies.
For more information please visit www.libertyhealthcareandrehab.com
Background checks/drug-free workplace.