To maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor; assure that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
* Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
* Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and make decisions
* Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials, State officials, and general public.
* Must have compassion for, and desire to work with, the elderly and understand their needs
* Must be able to work full or part time on a regular schedule, and on-call as needed.
* Must meet all state health requirements
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Follow cleaning schedule and instructions as directed by supervisor, including resident rooms, offices and public areas.
* Sweep and vacuum all assigned areas
* Clean and/or polish all room furnishings, fixtures, ledges, heating/air conditioning units in resident rooms and all public areas.
* Clean windows and mirrors in resident rooms and all public areas.
* Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting and deodorizing.
* Clean all hallways, stairways and elevators as necessary.
* Empty all wastebaskets.
* Submit maintenance work orders of general maintenance concerns and/or problems to Maintenance Director or Administrator.
* Report to supervisor any unsafe/hazardous conditions within the community and any needed repairs to housekeeping or other facility equipment.
* Clean and check model rooms and work in concert with admissions to insure that all incoming residents’ rooms are cleaned and ready for move-in.
* Clean the employee break room when necessary.
* Check and refill all paper towel and soap dispensers as necessary.
* Assist with laundry duties as directed or as needed including, but not limited to linens, towels, and resident personal laundry.
* Follow soiled and clean laundry protocol as directed by supervisor.
* Provide inventory of chemicals, supplies, linens as required.
* Log water or heat temperatures as required or requested.
* Follow infection control and universal precautions policy.
* Attend in-services and staff meetings as requested.
* Keep janitor closets and housekeeping supply rooms clean and orderly.
* Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate by supervisor or Administrator.
* Clean exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as requested or assigned.