Responsible for assisting the Dietary Manager providing residents with quality, affordable meals, and ensuring a friendly environment while contributing to the profitability of Capri Dining Services LLC. Acts as second-in-command and runs the kitchen in the absence of the Dietary Manager. Prepares and cooks a wide variety of foods to fulfill customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
* Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals to the program’s residents. Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary. Work with Dietary Manager to determine needs and provide input for menu item selection. Helps plan for special events.
* Circulate through the Kitchen to assure:
* Coolers are stocked with the correct expiration dates
* Breakfast is served timely
* Tables are cleaned and organized
* The “Specials Board” is prepared for each meal
* Temperatures are recorded and initialed by a Line Cook and Lead Cook
* Taste test each meal before distributing
* Garbage is picked up timely.
* During Weekend shifts:
* Delegate cleaning duties to Kitchen employees, and initial when each task has been completed
* Clean and organize all coolers, freezers, and storage rooms.
* Weekend responsibilities can be delegated by the Lead Cook.
* Ensures resident satisfaction at all times and works to correct any issues in a timely manner. Visits with residents whenever able.
* Helps Dietary Manager in ensuring that all kitchen and dining staff members know and understand safe handling procedures for equipment and food, and promotes good hygiene practice. Attends regulatory compliance training as needed.
* Monitor with the Dietary Manager for staff absences and call-ins, and adjust the schedule as needed. Document staff absences call-ins in employee file and administer discipline if applicable.
* Liaise with Dietary Manager and wait staff in ensuring that all customer needs are taken care of and that the kitchen is equipped to handle demand.
* Assists Dietary Manager with ordering food menu items. Organizes food orders when shipments arrive to the community.
* Keeps all equipment cleaned and well maintained. Communicates to Dietary Manager any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard. Keeps kitchen clean and ready for next meal service.
* Check Function Board, communicate to all staff involved. Make sure functions are set up accordingly
* Helps wait staff become familiar with menu and specialty items so that items can be described to customers: i.e. ingredients, cooking methods (boiled, broiled, baked, fried, etc.), etc.
* Assure all kitchen employees are in proper uniform with their name badges on and visible.
* Monitor the Kitchen phone for messages throughout each shift. Document voice messages and follow-up with the appropriate person.
* Assists rest of restaurant team as necessary. Before leaving at the end of each shift, make sure there are no other activities that need your assistance.
* Fulfills other duties as assigned.
This position will assist the Dietary Manager with supervising all kitchen employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires excellent customer service skills, with a courteous and helpful demeanor. The ability to communicate with and respect the needs of the senior citizen population is also required.
* 2+ years of culinary experience.
* High School diploma (or equivalent) is required. Certification or degree beyond high school is preferred
* Ability to work with numbers and use of good judgment and decision-making abilities is required.
* ServSafe Certification required
* Ability to read and speak with clarity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
* The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
* The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.