Summary of Responsibility:
The Housekeeper is an important position within the housekeeping team, which maintains a clean, safe, and comfortable environment in all areas of the community including, but not limited to, residents’ rooms, public restrooms, offices, common areas and exterior of the community.
* Performs the day-to-day housekeeping functions in accordance with established housekeeping procedures and as assigned by supervision.
* Follows established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies; reports all hazardous equipment or conditions and accidents/incidents to the supervisor, no matter how minor they may be.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships and two-way communication with residents and resident representatives; observes residents for significant changes and adverse reactions or conditions on an on-going basis and submits information for resident records on an informative and timely basis.
* Keeps the Maintenance Director informed regarding any unusual incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the community.
* Prepares for the shift by reviewing information/reports.
* Turns off exterior lights upon beginning the shift and turns on all inside lights and lamps in all public areas, including the library, dining areas, and all sitting rooms.
* Cleans the front entrance.
* Cleans floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, and disinfecting.
* Cleans carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
* Cleans and polishes any furnishings in the hallways, stairways, and elevators.
* Cleans resident rooms (includes stripping and remaking the bed; vacuuming carpet; mopping, dusting, disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchenettes; and cleaning mirrors and pictures; checking and cleaning vents, overhead lights, baseboards, doors and handles, handrails, and blinds; checking flood drains).
* Collects all trash from resident rooms, offices, lounges, and bathrooms daily.
* Cleans all common area restrooms and replenishes all restroom supplies.
* Cleans walls, windows, handrails, ceiling fans and overhead lights, air vents, and baseboards by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.; keeps all windows, cabinets, doors, mirrors, smudge free and clean.
* Waters and maintains indoor and outdoor plants.
* Assists in setting up the dining room, activity areas, and living rooms, as necessary.
* Reports any needed repairs to the Maintenance Director; fills out work order forms and places them in maintenance box.
* Keeps all housekeeping equipment, storage areas, closets, and carts clean and uncluttered throughout and at the end of the shift.
* Responds to resident needs when noticed or requested.
* Launders community and resident linens as needed.
* Keeps the supervisor informed of all supply needs and issues of concern.
* Ensures that cleaning schedules are followed.
* Turns in all articles found to the supervisor.
* Assists the Maintenance Director in keeping within budget by controlling waste.
* Assists other departments with programming and activities as needed.
Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification, Age Requirement:
* High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
* Prior similar housekeeping experience is preferred.
* Experience with seniors and especially cognitively impaired seniors (those with Alzheimer’s or Dementia) is preferred.
* Approved criminal background check, physical, drug screen and TB skin test is required.
* Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.