SUMMARY: The Radiology Technologist Aide is an integral part of the Radiology patient
care team providing prompt, courteous, customer/patient- focused service/care to
the patients, visitors and co-workers of Good Samaritan Medical Center. The
Radiology Technologist Aide assists in a wide variety of radiology patient care
and departmental flow support procedures. The Radiology Technologist Aide
significantly contributes to service/care excellence by fostering collaboration
among organizational team members
- Assists technologist during imaging procedures by directly
assisting with patient preparation, positioning, and release.
- Assists with
the coordination and communication of patient exam scheduling, transportation,
preparation, and results management.
- Prepares and assembles required
pre-exam paperwork, including exam order, relevant patient history/laboratory
results, and patient education documentation.
- Serves as a patient escort as
- Coordinates, performs, and/or assists with patient transportation
including those transports that require patient lifts and transfers as well as
the use of wheelchairs and stretchers.
- Identifies patients for
transportation by asking patient for name and date-of-birth and verifying this
information against the patient identification band prior to movement.
Assists with the completion of HIS, PACS, and teleradiology functions to ensure
proper image reporting, billing, and image management.
- Assists with basic
supply inventory management.
- Performs other duties as assigned - however,
the Radiology Technologist Aide shall NOT perform image acquisition, intravenous
access, or medication administration.
For Patient Area:
- Assist with flow
of Radiology patients by notifying appropriate modality after patient arrival in
- Assist with flow of Radiology patients by coordinating
transport when patient is ready for return to room or facility.
patient and follow protocols for safety and infection control.
report any patient care or equipment problems to nursing/technologist
- Seek assistance from nursing/technologist staff to meet patient
- Prepare equipment by wiping down stretcher or wheelchair
with disinfectant wipe and covering surface of equipment with a sheet.
Assist nursing/technologist staff with moving patient from wheelchair or
- Ensure that patient is provided a sheet for privacy and a
blanket for comfort as needed.
- Obtain and transport paperwork/chart as
- Identify correct patient for transportation in accordance with
- Adhere to the necessary precautionary methods for patients
on precautions and will use personal protective equipment as necessary.
Communicate with patients, nursing personnel and other department personnel in
the performance of position responsibilities.
- Notify appropriate
personnel upon arrival /departure of patient and/or miscellaneous items at
- Report immediately any change in patient's condition
(difficulty breathing, complaints of discomfort, etc) to nursing/technologist
- Maintain and clean equipment (stretchers & wheelchairs) in
collaboration with transport staff.
- Report defective equipment to the
appropriate manager for repair.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
• Ability to lift
without any limitations.
• Ability to effectively perform work independently
and as a team-member.
• Excellent customer service and patient care
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of clerical
functions, including data entry, storage, retrieval, and management as well as
telephone, e-mail, fax, and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented and able
to accurately perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma
Previous hospital experience preferred, medical terminology preferred.