Belle Maison is under new management!
We are currently interviewing for ALL shifts.
Shift Differentials Apply and New Base Rates increase with years of experience.
Benefits include insurance, vacation, sick time and paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-Time
Required license or certification:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
* Licensing and Certification:
* Must hold a current unencumbered license as a licensed practical nurse in this state. Must be registered with the State Board of Examiners of Practical Nurses.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited educational institution (school of nursing) or a graduate of a state approved school of practical nursing.
* On-the-job training as an integral part of the licensed-training program and at least one year of experience preferred.
Must be cooperative, willing to work, and courteous to residents, resident’s families, and other staff members.
Nursing policies and procedures; administration of medication; federal and state laws and regulations relative to resident care; operate within scope of Nursing Practice Act; facility policies.
Adhere to all health and safety standards demonstrating the knowledge and the ability to comply with the STATE, FEDERAL AND O.S.H.A. regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
* Provide nursing care in accordance with nursing facility and nursing service policies and procedures.
* Promote inter- and intradepartmental relationships.
* Prepare and administer medications according to procedure and be aware of pharmacologic and therapeutic effect.
* Record nursing information on resident’s nursing care plans and clinical records, including nursing notes, graphic sheets, medication and treatment records.
* Transcribe physician’s orders.
* Observe, report, and record resident reaction to drugs, test, treatments, and therapeutic measures.
* Participate in the staff development program.
* Assist with the orientation and training of nursing personnel.
* Participate in formal and informal staff development in-service programs, workshops, institutes, and conferences.
* Inform charge nurse of nursing activities and condition of each resident.
* Assume responsibility for residents assigned to care, including regular bed checks to insure that no resident is left unattended or permitted to wander from the premises and insure that resident call lights are answered promptly.
* Report incidents of suspected resident abuse immediately.
* Responsible for supervision of nursing assistants working on shift.
* Give and receive the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.
h4. NOTE: Cannot participate in the administration of investigational drugs, cancer-therapeutic drugs, I.V. push medications, blood and blood products, hyperalimentation solutions.
THIS FACILITY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE RECRUIT, HIRE, TRAIN AND EMPLOY WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION DUE TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, DISABILITY, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, OBLIGATION TO SERVE IN THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL OR STATE LAW.