The Pillars of North County, a premier skilled nursing facility, has Part-Time openings for Dietary Aides. These positions require working evenings and weekends. Prior experience in food service restaurant or commercial food service helpful but not required.
We are conveniently located at 13700 Old Halls Ferry Road in Florissant, between Lindbergh and Parker Road, near the bus stops on Lindbergh for Metro bus route 76. Interested candidates should apply via the online application link.
The overall purpose of the Culinary Assistant (Aide) position is to assist with the preparation of meals and snacks for residents within guidelines of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Reads, understands, and complies with State Regulations established for Food Service departments.
* Assists in preparation of food according to the menu for the day, so that residents will receive the meals they are expecting, and they will be well-balanced and healthy for the residents.
* Assists in following all requests for special diets in order to assure good resident health.
* Assists in placing food servings on plates using standard measuring ladles, scoops, spoons, etc. in order to assure residents are getting sufficient portions. Makes sure plates are attractively presented by using appropriate placement and garnishes as necessary.
* Hot foods are at 140-160 degrees when served and cold foods at 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit when served.
* Meals are served on time according to the established and posted meal times for the community, every time.
* Demonstrates responsibility for the food service operation in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
* Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of our nursing facility and the care, comfort, and happiness or our residents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The Culinary Assistant (Aide) must have the following:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
* You will also need to demonstrate your ability to serve seniors in a team environment.
* Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with residents, their families, vendors, community, and staff; also ability to respond to public inquiries and complaints in a tactful, effective manner.
* Knowledge of customer service techniques.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines.