Assisting the Director of Nursing Services in the planning, organizing developing and directing of the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and facility policies. The objective is to ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
* Must possess current CPR Certificate or become certified within two weeks of employment.
* Demonstrate interest and/or knowledge in the therapy, rehabilitation, restorative, ADL, splint, and ROM program.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with personnel.
* Must be personable, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function
* Review the departments Policy and Procedure Manual, job descriptions, cleaning schedules, etc., at least annually for revisions and make recommendations to the Director of Nursing.
* Ensure all Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden follow established departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress code.
* Assist in developing a written plan of care for each customer that identifies the problems/needs of the customer.
* Attends and actively participates in customer care plan conference when indicated.
* Attend Customer and or Family Council meetings when invited.
* Report all concerns, complaints made by the customer or their family to the Administrator.
* Meet the Ladies and Gentlemen of the nursing department, on a regularly scheduled basis to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
Perform other related duties as assigned.