University Medical Center New Orleans is the academic medical center of LCMC Health and the ultimate expression of a nearly 300-year legacy of serving the people of New Orleans and South Louisiana. With our academic partners, including Louisiana State University and Tulane University Schools of Medicine, we are training the next generation of healthcare professionals and leading research to find tomorrow's cures and treatments. From expert primary care and the widest variety of specialty care to cutting edge emergency care and the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, UMC offers the area the widest breadth of healthcare services.
Click here to view our state-of-the-art facility.
We are looking for medical professionals who are just as passionate as we are about providing the best medical care in the safest environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Whether you're a seasoned healthcare professional or just starting out, a career at UMC places you at the center of a dynamic community of providers, learners and staff with a singular focus on patient-centric care. We offer a state-of-the-art facility with breakthrough technology, and professionals committed to helping our community become healthier.
The purpose of the job is to provide direct patient care to an assigned group of patients utilizing the team concept, under the direction of the physician, endoscopy supervisor and registered nurse.
- Participates in planning and implementing gastrointestinal procedures, in the department and off the unit (ER/ICU).Ensures that the room is properly set up with the required supplies/instruments/equipment. Assist with preparing the patent for the procedure.
- Functions as the primary assistant during procedures under the supervision of the physician and/or the endoscopy supervisor. Obtains and accurately labels specimens.
- Manually cleans and reprocesses endoscopes according to the policy.
- Assist with ordering and inventory maintenance of supplies and equipment. Restocks the procedure rooms.
- Ensures that the endoscopy equipment is functioning properly. Reports any malfuction/damages to the endoscopy supervisor.
- Seeks supervision or assistance when unable to perform effectively, safely, or independently.
- Facilitates and maintains a safe environment for patients and others. Performs job duties and department specific assignments, safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Demonstrates care and concern for customers by striving to meet their expectations. Follows HIPAA guidelines.
- Complies with established hospital/ departmental/personnel policies.
High School Diploma; Associates or training program preferred.
One (1) year of related Clinical /Technical experience. Endoscopy or Surgical Technician experience, preferred.
Basic Life Support-HCP required
Surgical Technician/Technologist Certification and/or Certified Endoscope Reprocessor, preferred.
Basic computer skills, plus analytical skills to determine job priorities, multi-task and work independently are required.
UMC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.