Nexion affiliates operate skilled nursing and rehabilitation as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality Awards.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) works under the close supervision of registered nurses where they perform many of the same tasks as the nursing assistants. In addition to providing basic care to patients, LPN’s also perform more advanced duties. These include monitoring the respiration, blood pressure, temperature, oxygen levels and heart rates of their patients. LPN’s are also responsible for inserting catheters, treating bedsores, giving injections, administering medications and changing bandages. Experienced LPN’s might be responsible for developing care plans for patients.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse / LPN’s are responsible for implementing the clinical plan of care to impact quality outcomes for their residents.
They are also responsible for inserting catheters, treating wounds, giving injections, administering medications and changing bandages.
* Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care of assigned patient/family as evidenced by documentation and observation of positive patient care outcomes.
* Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines and standards as observed by the registered nurse.
* Administer medication accurately, observing patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes.
* Maintain and coordinate communication among patient/significant other, staff and physician as evidenced within medical record, client and health care team feedback.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Valid registration as an LVN/ LPN in the state of Practice
* Completion of relevant state Board of Nursing approved.
* Excellent benefits package
* Competitive wages
* Opportunity to make a difference in the community
p. EOE M/F/D/V