72 hours per two week pay period. This position primarily works within the Emergency Department. The Social Worker/Behavioral Health Clinician is responsible for providing social work/behavioral health services to all customer groups affected by illness/disability often including lifestyle adjustment difficulties. Understands utilization criteria and case management principles in a health care setting, as well as relevant community resources, insurance, regulatory, and legal system knowledge.
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW), Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or other Human Services field.
Minimum Work Experience
- Two years of social work and medical crisis intervention, and knowledge of community resources or related experience preferred.
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Experience in individual and family therapy.
- Five years' experience working in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Licensed in the State of Vermont as an LICSW
- or LCHMC and/or LADC Licensure.
- BLS Certification through American Heart Association*
- CPI Certification *
*Must obtain within 3 months of hire
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- NASW code of conduct principles
- Psychosocial assessments, utilization and case management principles.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of group theory and dynamics with experience in facilitating and co-facilitating psychosocial and skill building groups.
- Individual and family supportive advocacy.
- Age-specific competencies.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic Microsoft Windows desktop application and navigation skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrates excellent collaboration skills in conjunction with working with providers, legal representation, regulatory agencies and those involved with risk and compliance.
- Willingness and ability to provide coverage on rotational basis.(as applicable)
- Exhibits knowledge of Best Practice, DBT, CBT, and motivational interviewing.
- Provides employee assistance in-services, and consultation to staff, physicians, and community providers about psychosocial aspects of care.
- Willingness and ability to oversee activities and provide clinical supervision of others.