Working at STRIDE CHC
STRIDE CHC provides excellent health-related services focusing on the underserved. STRIDE has one of the largest population bases of any community health center in Colorado. MCPN is dedicated to being a positive work place with a culturally diverse population of employees that are committed to being focused and disciplined team members. STRIDE is also dedicated to taking care of our patients and our employees to ensure the best quality of life.
STRIDE offers a wide variety of medical assistance programs for patients including: Medicaid, Child Health Plan +, Medicare Savings, Title X, RWG, SDP, CICP, STRIDE Discount and Connect for Health Colorado. Under general supervision of the Program Enrollment Manger, the Enrollment Specialist performs a variety of registration and financial screening functions with the objective of determining eligibility for medical coverage under the terms of various health care assistance programs. The Enrollment Specialist adheres to the spirit of the MCPN mission statement while performing assigned duties. Demonstrates compassion and respect towards all applicants and staff.
Education or Formal Training:
- Researches and verifies patient eligibility for different programs and insurance coverage
- Registers and interviews patients to obtain accurate and complete demographic and financial information.
- Informs patients about the availability of governmental funded and discount programs.
- Properly completes enrollment applications through electronic and manual systems.
- Provides case management services for individuals and families on public insurance. Completes redeterminations and SEP reporting.
- Responsible for identifying and correcting enrollment discrepancies.
- Ensure the protection and security of personal, confidential, and identifiable information in a professional and responsible manner and carry out all measures to prevent any unauthorized disclosures.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in program eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications of Medicaid, Child Health Plan +, Medicare Savings, Title X, RWG, SDP, CICP, MCPN Discount and Connect for Health Colorado.
- Understand, interpret and communicate federal, state and eligibility criteria, policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with the Patient Accounts team to ensure timely account adjustments.
- Records and communicates the outcome of the screening to the patient.
High school diploma or GED required. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a requirement for this position.
Experience working in an office setting or clinical setting preferred. Knowledge of the health and human services infrastructure, health insurance programs and public coverage options.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
- Medical, Dental, and Optional Vision Insurance.
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO).
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- A 401K retirement savings plan & match!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care options.
STRIDE recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our organization. MCPN is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. MCPN does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an unduehardship on the organization.