Senior Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Assist with monthly preparation of financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Prepare and post accounting related entries.
- Regularly maintain detailed bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyze company expenses, including comparison to forecasted and trended results.
- Correspond with various other departments within the organization to ensure proper accounting for purchases and expenses.
- Maintain and perform financial services for programs funded by grants.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Work with external auditors for the annual audit
Senior Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-look-ups, etc.)
- Proven ability to work independently and under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus
- Prior employment in a multi-entity organization a plus