NEW SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITY OPENING SUMMER 2019!:
Open Interviews Thursday, 6/20
Address: Victory Gardens Theatre
2433 N. Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL, 60614
Close to the Fullerton Brown, Red, and Purple lines
IND300 #MON #gd
Belmont Village Senior Living is a certified GREAT PLACE TO WORK® on FORTUNE’s Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services! Our employees say we have a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities.
Belmont Village staff members play an essential role in providing our residents with an exceptional lifestyle as they age. Our goal is to build dedicated teams who provide excellent care and services to our residents with knowledge, compassion, respect and a commitment to working with seniors.
Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village Senior Living a Great Place to Work and Live!:
* Supervises shifts food production in the absence of supervisor.
* Prepares food daily as outlined on the Food Production Worksheet from the Menu Cycle.
* Prepares meals and daily specials on designated days and shifts.
* Prepares meals and a-la-carte menu items.
* Maintains clean, orderly and safe kitchen and dining room environment.
* Prepares for food production of future meals.
* Assists with set-up, service and clean-up of meals.
* Ensures proper storage of kitchen equipment and handling of food to meet health department requirements as well as Belmont Village’s Standards of Cleanliness and Sanitation as described in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
* Ensures compliance with regulations.
* Monitors portion control to minimize waste.
* Ensures attractive presentation of food on the plate before serving with consistent use of plate garnishes.
* Maintains record of chargeable and non-chargeable meals.
* Follows all policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
* Actively supports good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
* Knows and follow established facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
* Maintains safe work area through good housekeeping and keeping safety equipment in good working condition.
* Actively participates in health and safety training, and demonstrate competency based on training received.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Proficient in verbal and written English
* Minimum one year volume cooking experience
* Interest in working with older population
* Ability to work early morning or evening shifts
* More than one year volume cooking experience preferable of the a-la-carte or banquet nature
* Certificate in food management or equivalent
* Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ participate in team work
* Supervisory experience
* Experience working with older population
* College or technical education and/or training in Food Management or Culinary Arts
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.