Part-Time Days Evenings!
Responsible for creating a nurturing home for residents and provides care and services to meet their needs within an environment of hope, dignity and love. The Personal Care Attendant works cooperatively and respectfully with residents, coworkers, families, medical staff, visitors and volunteers to create this positive environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to personal care, housekeeping and home maintenance, food preparation and service, activities, recordkeeping and household financial management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* All essential functions will be performed with empathy, dignity and respect of the Elder and will respect and accommodate resident’s individual choices whenever possible. The Personal Care Attendant will also facilitate and help the resident to complete as much of their personal care as possible.
* Provides for the daily hygiene care of the elders to include: bathing, dressing, grooming and related personal care.
* Assists resident to have clothes purchased, laundered, and repaired as needed.
* Responsible for taking and properly recording elder’s vital signs. (i.e., blood pressure, temperature, pulse, etc.).
* Responsible for observing Elders wellbeing (i.e., change in behavior, change in vital signs, etc.) and reporting such changes to the appropriate team member.
* Involves the Elders in maintaining the home whenever possible.
* Cleans all areas of the Elder’s environment according to housekeeping procedures.
* Performs minor household maintenance such as changing light bulbs, tightening cupboard knobs, etc.
* Reports shortages, breakage and malfunctioning of equipment.
* Knows and adheres to fire, emergency, and security policies and procedures.
* Implements infection control measures.
* Minimum Requirements: High school diploma or GED preferred. Prior experience in a human service or health care setting preferred. Must complete the SJLM CNA Course within 6 months from hire date. Must obtain certification within 120 days of class completion.
* Knowledge: Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of the Elder Sharath training, must be certified nursing assistant and, complete Abuse Training and required training in Serve Safe ™, food preparation, basic nutritional guidelines related to resident menu planning and basics of household financial management, housekeeping, infection control, light maintenance.
* Skills/Abilities: Must possess good writing, verbal and observation skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Exceptional organizational abilities.
* Complexity/Difficulty: This position requires the ability to function independently in performing duties and be able to problem solve using good judgment with the Elder’s involvement whenever possible. The person needs to be able to respond to Elders needs in a timely and professional manner, recognizing the Elder’s rights. Incumbent performs job tasks following established procedures and works with team leader to identify and address problems or concerns within the team.