This position is responsible for housekeeping and laundry functions of a given managed community, including apartment and common area cleaning, laundry services, carpet care, and maintaining compliance with all regulatory standards and communicating with immediate supervisor on all pertinent matters of the community.
* Visits assigned residences to perform basic apartment cleaning of bathroom fixtures and floors. This consists of dusting, vacuuming, sheet and linen changing, bed making, and bathroom cleaning including toilets, sinks, showers, mirrors, and floors. Avoids disturbing residentsâ€™ belongings and respects privacy. Removes linens from bed for cleaning and returns to resident. Makes beds with clean linens according to residentâ€™s preferences. Logs cleaning activities as required by procedures.
* Changes residentsâ€™ bedding and linens each week as part of their monthly rent. Should the residents request, bedding and linens may be changed more frequently for an additional fee. Keeps linen inventory at a level to accommodate weekly changes and schedules to allow for washing, drying, and following of linens to meet community demand.
* Interacts with residents in a friendly manner, providing meaningful attention. Communicates concerns with residentâ€™s health to management as appropriate.
* Maintains a clean building in all common areas, including main entry, alternative entries, reception area, corridors, bathrooms, activity rooms, and the dining room. This consists of vacuuming carpets, dusting, washing windows, straightening furniture and coffee service. Ensure all areas are appropriate for visitors and residents 7 days a week.
* Cleans floors including sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. Properly sets up appropriate caution and safety signs to ensure safety of residents and visitors and ensures their removal as appropriate. Cleans carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
* Cleans public restrooms including washing, sanitizing, and/or polishing bathroom fixtures. Ensures water marks are removed from fixtures.
* Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
* Handles hazardous cleaning supplies according to proper procedures and ensures accurate labeling.
* Attends and participates in in-service educational classes, on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
* Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
* Maintains compliance with all local, state, federal, and licensing rules and regulations associated with the licensure of the building. This includes HIPAA, OSHA, and labor laws, etc. that apply to the specific location of the property. Any issues raised by any regulator will be immediately discussed with the management company.
* Works in a safe manner and ensures unsafe actions are brought to the attention of the Executive Director. Compliant with Safety Committee Standards. Should workplace injuries occur, the Executive Director will be notified and the Housekeeping Supervisor and Housekeepers will follow all procedures for treatment, investigation, and return to work. Injured workers will communicate with their supervisor as noted in the Employee Handbook.
* Fosters teamwork with co-workers, shows initiative in overcoming obstacles, takes actions which assist others beyond job responsibilities, and has a positive impact on co-workers, residents, and visitors.
* Develops basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions
* Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required. Prior experience in cleaning or housekeeping preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements:
Must meet all health requirements, including TB. Must pass criminal background check. Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.