This position is part of the Morning Pointe Management Team responsible for the generation of resident referrals, and for the coordination and communication of resident information between the referring entity and Morning Pointe. The CRD shall develop and maintain strong relationships with referring sources and consistently develop new referral sources with hospitals, nursing facilities, physicians and other community sources. The CRD will also coordinate communication between and among the principals involved (i.e. the resident, family, physician, referring entity, and Morning Pointe) to enhance effective planning for the resident’s care. CRD position is responsible for external sales/marketing/community relations contacts, as well as in assisting in many activities in the residence and in the surrounding community, while encouraging and maintaining high level customer satisfaction through interaction with the community at large, residents and resident families.
* Works in external sales, in referring and obtaining deposits for move in’s throughout the defined service area.
* Uses personal car to travel to sites of prospects and referral sources.
* Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours.
* Works with, Morning Pointe associates, staff at referring facilities, patients, family members and governmental agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
* Works beyond normal business hours as necessary, e.g. weekends, evenings and holidays.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor Degree preferred; professional achievement such as RN considered.
* One or more years of sales experience with proven results desirable. Prior experience in senior living setting will be considered.
* Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess excellent reading, writing, verbal skills using the English language.
* Must be a self-starter, able to work autonomously to achieve results.
* Must be goal oriented and committed to meeting budget for admissions, revenue and expense control.
* Must be able to manage a territory with multiple communities and diverse customers.
* Must be knowledgeable of admissions and assisted living procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing eligibility and admissions requirements for senior care.
* Understand the services provided by Morning Pointe and position the company positively in the Community.
* Must possess leadership ability and use an open process of communication nad coordination of care with patients, families, Morning Pointe team members and referral sources.
* Must demonstrate ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate the programs and policies of Morning Pointe and meet all administrative tasks and deadlines.
* Demonstrates commitment to ethical conduct in the performance of the position and all activities performed on behalf of the Community.
* Must have a car and valid driver’s license.
* Available for occasional overnight travel to attend meetings, training sessions and conferences.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintains confidentiality of all resident health information and proprietary business information.
* Works independently, requiring minimal supervision in performance of job responsibilities.
* Demonstrates awareness of limitations by asking for guidance from supervision when appropriate.
* Follows and supports all laws and regulations, and all Morning Pointe policies.
* Maintains acceptable level of attendance.
* Demonstrates efficient use of time and Morning Pointe resources, ensuring that all activities are focused on job responsibilities.
* Maintains an effective working relationship with referral sources staff, residents and families.
* Meets goals set forth for referrals, admissions, revenue and income.
* Develop strong relationships with community referral sources.
* Demonstrate ability to effectively represent the services and programs of Morning Pointe. Use marketing material and collateral provided.
* Implement marketing programs designed to increase awareness of Morning Pointe and generate referrals.
* Demonstrates competence in knowledge of requirements for senior care admissions.
* Ensures that verbal and written orders are obtained for the referral to Morning Pointe for services. Relays pertinent information, and follows through on instructions and requests received.
* Manages expenses within budgetary guidelines.
* Completes all administrative tasks on time including You’ve Got Leads.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Primary duty is making external sales contacts and securing leads and deposits for the Community.
* Engage in 15-20 quality external marketing contacts each week that are designed to build strong referral relationships in the community. Target markets will include clergy, senior organizations, volunteer associations/groups, philanthropic organizations, educational systems, intergenerational organizations, medical community and others as directed by supervisor.
* Immediate and appropriate response to “customer” comments and requests for action.
* Ensure community awareness of residence through development of volunteer/outreach plans involving general consumers, appropriate area agencies and other community professionals/organizations.
* Conduct residence tours, handle inquiry calls and assist residence visitors.
* Assist with the coordination of monthly special events designed to bring area professionals and the community at large into Morning Pointe. Assist with Family Night each month.
* Submit appropriate information to various media outlets to receive attention/publicity for special events with assistance of Corporate Director of Communications.
* Discovering and utilizing available sources of education and entertainment for the community at large.
* Provide supervisor with a detailed weekly report of all Community Relations activities and results. Provide a monthly plan/calendar at the beginning of each month, identifying marketing/community relations contacts, planned internal/external events, educational seminars, open house plans, etc.