The Executive Director shall act as the hiring authority and be the final authority on all personnel matters including hiring, wages, benefits and terminations, except in those cases where such authority is delegated to the Program Director. It is the responsibility of the Executive Director to ensure that the facility and the programs carried on within comply with applicable federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations. Responsible to the overall performance of the team, treating all stakeholders respectfully and with dignity.
* Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The ability to handle multiple priorities, develop a cohesive management team, direct the overall operation of the residence and make business decisions on a daily basis as required. Must be knowledgeable in the business of providing long-term personal care, as well as current State and local long term care standards. The ability to handle emergency situations calmly and completely is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. May require lifting, bending and standing for extended periods of time.
* Education: A Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in human service management, housing management, and/or nursing home management.
* Experience: Shall, at a minimum, be at least 21 years of age and must have demonstrated administrative experience and supervisory management skills.
* Certificates/ Licenses: Certificates or education as indicated by State/Federal regulatory agencies, if applicable. CPR preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The responsibilities of the Executive Director shall consist of overall responsibility for:
* Development and implementation of a community outreach plan and establishment of a liaison network with hospital continuing care coordinators, home care corporation outreach workers, certified home health agencies, church groups, and other social and health agencies for the purposes of identifying local service resources which could be utilized.
* Development and implementation of an outreach plan designed to reach that population which is at high risk of institutionalization and informs the community at large of the facility services.
* Oversight of the proper completion of required forms and reports.
* Planning and implementation of staff orientation, specialized teaching, and staff training sessions.
* Development and oversight of all record keeping functions within the facility, including those records, which are necessary to disclose fully the services provided.
* Development and oversight of all emergency plans, policies and procedures.
* Ensuring that all required staffing, including backup coverage for staff is met at all times.
* Participate in the Manager-on-Duty Program.
* Conduct and/or attend required in-service training and orientation.