Part Time Positions Available:
The primary purpose of the Housekeeper position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department and as may be directed by your supervisor. Assist in maintaining a positive physical and positive environment for the residents.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as possible
* Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor, no matter how minor they may seem, immediately
* Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living areas and/or recreational areas
* Turn in all found or unclaimed articles to your supervisor
* Perform daily housekeeping tasks as assigned
* Perform specific tasks according to daily work assignments
* Empty and sanitize ash trays daily
* Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc. in resident rooms, recreational areas, etc. daily
* Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure that water marks are removed from fixtures
* Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms and entrance/exit ways
* Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
* Ensure that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up prior to performing duties
* Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting
* Clean walls, ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing
* Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from general surfaces throughout the facility
* Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators
* Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacles with plastic liners
* Clean vacant rooms as assigned
* Ensure that work/assignments areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the workday
* Perform isolation cleaning procedures in accordance with established infection control procedures
* Discard infectious wastes into appropriate containers
Safety and Sanitation Functions:
* Follow established fire safety policies and procedures
* Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies
* Wear/use safety equipment and supplies when lifting or moving heavy objects
* Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner
* Keep work areas free of hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
* Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning. Refer to manufacturerâ€™s instructions when necessary
* Follow policies governing the use of labels and MSDSs
* Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor
* Ensure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained
* Report missing or improperly labeled containers of hazardous chemicals immediately
* Use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when handling infectious materials or hazardous wastes or chemicals
* Follow established policies regarding the disposal of personal protective equipment and infectious wastes
* Coordinate routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing services
* Follow established hand washing procedures
* Dispose of refuse daily according to facility sanitation procedures
Equipment and Supply Functions:
* Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies are maintained in utility closets
* Keep supervisor informed of supply needs
* Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., to your supervisor as soon as possible
* Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc. as requested
* Make sure that work carts, equipment etc. is clean and in good working order
* Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift
Resident Rights Responsibilities:
* Maintain the confidentially of all resident information.
* Knock before entering the residentâ€™s room.
* Honor the residentâ€™s personal and property rights
* Report all allegations of resident abuse and/or misappropriation of resident property.
* Inform resident when it is necessary to move his/her personal possessions during cleaning procedures.
* Works in all areas of the facility.
* Moves intermittently during work hours.
* Is subject to frequent interruptions and may need to reschedule cleaning activities.
* Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agency personnel, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
* Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
* Communicates with other housekeeping personnel, nursing personnel and other department personnel.
* Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays, and in other positions, temporarily, when necessary.
* Is subject to callback during emergency conditions.
* May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
* Attends and participates in continuing education programs.
* Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, plastics, synthetics, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other potential contaminants.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, disease, conditions, etc. including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
* May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Staff Development Functions:
* Participate and assist in department studies and projects as directed
* Attend and participate in in-service educational classes, on-the-job training programs, etc. as scheduled
* Attend and participate in annual OSHA and CDC in-service training programs.
* Participate in appropriate in-service training program prior to performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood, body fluids, or hazardous chemicals
* Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
* None required. On-the-job training provided.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agency personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must have patience, tact, a positive attitude and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
* Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing housekeeping practices.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfecting solutions, etc.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a residentâ€™s condition.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.