We Offer GREAT hours! No late nights!:
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION:
Having a working knowledge and experience in all aspects of front of house, fine dining. An ongoing willingness to learn, and ability to perform the established “20 Points of Service” daily. Understand clinical criteria in resident diets, which would be charted by facility Dietician, dietary standards, and sanitation. Utilize active communication, cooperative working and resident relationships, respect, consistency, and timely service. Assist others as needed and as a team member.
Essential Job Functions:
* ESTABLISHES A RAPPORT WITH RESIDENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES
* Offers a welcoming personality; speaks clearly; SMILE; maintain dress code for Dining Services, demonstrates good judgment; treats all residents with respect; demonstrates a sense of urgency to the needs of residents; recognize priorities and follows though; excellent personal and oral hygiene.
* Establishes A Quality Dining Experience In Main Dining Room
* Utilize the 20 Points of Service. Distributing written menus; verbalizing menu choices; listen intently; take orders; submit order to expeditor; organize multiple plate delivery in appealing and timely fashion; determine residents needs and issues and address immediately; seek Dining Services Supervisor if unable to resolve need or issue; check with residents consistently to ensure positive dining experience; clean table of coursed dishes according to proper food handling techniques.
* ESTABLISHES A Safe, Sanitary And Orderly Work Area In Main Dining Room
* Washing hands regularly; utilize hand sanitizer; use gloves when necessary; keeps tables set properly throughout course; resets tables; assemble and maintain pantry items; maintain items in coolers, freezers and/or warmers; maintain beverage areas through production and service; set up and breakdown dining room; pre-bussing; bussing coursed items to dish tank; general cleaning of floors, counters, equipment, work surfaces, pantry coolers, and storage areas per side-work sheet; restocking of general dining; restocking of server’s side station with all appropriate supplies, ie: tableware, beverages, paper/plastic, salt, pepper, crackers, sugar, sweetener, etc; assist in dish washing of pots, pans, and utensils; all tasks to be completed satisfactorily to management.
* PHYSICAL POSITIONS, MOVEMENTS AND EXPOSURES
* Sitting, standing; squatting, stooping, walking, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, bending and reaching are required to accomplish tasks. Must be able to consistently lift 30 pounds, has the ability to lift 50 when required. Periodic exposure to noise, heat and cold.
* MAINTAINS COLLABORATIVE DINING SERVICES WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Fosters a spirit of interdepartmental cooperation between Dining Services, departments and staff.
* PROTECTS DINING SERVICES ORGANIZATIONAL VALUE
* Keeps information confidential; cautioning others regarding potential breaches.
* REPRESENTS MCKENDREE VILLAGE
* Establishing and maintaining professional conduct in and out of McKendree Village.
* CONTRIBUTES TO DINING SERVICES SUCCESS
* Welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results; maintain excellent attendance; demonstrate the best use of time on the job; attend pre-service meeting; attend in-service trainings; comply with McKendree Village Dining Service Policies and Procedures.