Primary provider of computer desktop support for EvergreenHealth staff by providing computer and application assistance. Support is delivered over the phone, in person, or over the network ensuring that client desktop software is up-to-date, and assists users in their client system computer needs.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for all hardware/software installations, configurations, troubleshooting and on-going support associated with desktop/laptop PCs, according to the standards defined by department policy.
2. Responsible for responding to IT requests via phone, email, and self-submitted incidents. Documenting all troubleshooting, resolution and escalation steps in the Help desk ticketing system, and help desk documentation, as appropriate.
3. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
4. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Basic understanding of computer networks (LAN, WAN, and intranets).
• Basic technical knowledge of PC hardware and workstation operating systems (specifically NT 2000 and XP).
• Working knowledge and the ability to install and configure client software such as Outlook, Internet Explorer, and the Microsoft Office suite.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• 1 year of experience in Information Technology and customer service
• Demonstrated problem solving, excellent communication and listening skills
• Technical understanding of PC hardware
• Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurability
DESIRED for the position:
• A+, MCP/MCSE or equivalent