Schedules and receives patient to the clinic for physician visits and ancillary services. Process calls in a courteous, professional manner. Provides quality patient assistance and demonstrates excellent customer service to serve the needs of our patients while maintaining strict confidentiality. Patients of all ages served. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post secondary secretarial training preferred.
- One to two years of medical receptionist experience in a clinic setting preferred.
- Background in general office work preferred.
- Mathematical aptitude required.
- Must have knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to comprehend established office routines, policies and procedures, and ethics of confidentiality.
- Learns quickly from oral and written instructions.
- Good communication and organizational skills required.
- Clear knowledge of computer functions and customer service skills required.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS card required per established policy.