Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Previous experience working with the elderly in a residential or long-term care setting also preferred.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with residents, families, visitors, and other staff members.
* Must be able to perform job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Able to pass the necessary tests (i.e., CPR, First Aid, Food Handlers, etc.) if required by state regulations.
* Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility
* Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity while providing personal care assistance
* Responds to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly, and provides or obtains assistance with care as necessary
* Upholds Residents’ Rights at all times
* Supports and upholds all company policies and care philosophy
* Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, accidents, injuries, or unusual occurrences, and reports promptly to a licensed nurse
* Completes all forms and documentation such as incident reports, change of condition reports, and behavior tracking, as requested, and in a timely manner
* Assists in the dining room during resident meal times
* Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and outings, and assists with those activities as needed
* Provides residents with opportunities for self expression and enhanced self esteem through spontaneous individual or small group interaction and activity
* Makes resident beds, empties resident garbage, and tidies resident rooms daily and as needed
* Changes resident bed linens according to facility schedule and as needed due to incontinence
* Changes resident towels on bath days and as needed if soiled
* Assists with resident laundry per shift guidelines
* Maintains resident clothing and clothing closet in a clean, neat and orderly manner
* Cleans dining room tables and chairs after meals and snacks
* Notifies Housekeeper of spills and soiled areas; assists with clean-up as needed. When no Housekeeper is on duty, cleans up spills and soils immediately
* Straightens chairs, pillows and decorative items in common areas as needed, and returns items to appropriate location when found out of place
* Assists in cleaning wheelchairs, walkers, and other resident equipment per facility cleaning schedule and as needed
* Assists with dusting, vacuuming, and other housekeeping duties as assigned
* Attends all required staff meetings and in-service training sessions
* Demonstrates a positive attitude and contributes to an atmosphere of team spirit and cooperation within the facility
* Answers phones as needed, in a prompt and courteous manner
* Promotes customer service and positive community relations by treating residents, families, other staff, and all visitors in a courteous, helpful and friendly manner
* Assists with other duties as assigned