Under the supervision of the FS Supervisor and FS Manager, is responsible for the preparation of food and sanitation, within the framework of BCS policies.
ESSENTIALS OF JOB:
* Prepares all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits. (constantly)
* All aspects of food preparation.
* Understand and comply with HACCP. (constantly)
* Clean, sanitize, organize, and maintain equipment. (constantly)
* Notify Supervisor/Manager immediately with any concerns with overall operations of the department. (occasionally)
* Must be able to commit the time necessary from an attendance and punctuality standpoint to accomplish the above specified Essentials of Job. (constantly)
* Contributes to the ongoing process of establishing and meeting departmental and BCS goals and objectives.
* Participate in utilizing customer feedback to measure and improve effectiveness of service level.
In addition, all BCS employees are expected to:
* Support and participate in the BCS Core Values.
* aintain a clear, safe and unobstructed work area, practice habits, and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
* Help train and give guidance to other BCS employees.
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
* Follow all BCS policy and procedures.
* Provide customers with the highest quality products and service.
* Understand and apply quality improvement processes.
* Promotes Customer Service.
* Must be able to read English.
* Must be able to make simple math calculations.
* Proficient in the operation of commercial kitchen equipment.
* Visual acuity to prepare and read menus, recipes and instructions.
* Must move throughout the facility for an entire shift.
* Must lift or move up to 50 lbs. or more with assistance, occasionally; 25 lbs., frequently; 10 lbs., constantly.
* Must be able to position self to reach floor level to six feet from the floor.
* Must be able to grasp, lift, hold, move and position up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to push/pull up to 200 lbs.
* Must have adequate hearing to respond to timers, phone orders, etc.
* Must be able to exert 30-50 foot pounds of force to push/pull stock cart.
* Must be able to withstand exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity and extreme cold.
* Must be able to communicate effectively.