Prestige Assisted Living at Lake Havasu is located in the center of Lake Havasu City amidst the rugged desert and beautiful sparkling waters. Conveniently situated just off Highway 95, our community provides a central living location that is a window to a number of fun community activities and adventures.:
Lake Havasu's innovative wellness program, Celebrations, is designed to nurture mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to celebrate life. As your partner in active aging, it is our goal to help you achieve an optimum level of health and wellness throughout all aspects of your life.
Our community also offers life enrichment programming for residents afflicted by dementia. Our award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program provides people with dementia an outlet for creativity through arts, learning, and spirituality. Designed to keep up with all the latest research and information surrounding dementia, Lake Havasu’s team aligns with experts in the field of Alzheimer’s research to continually provide refreshed programming for residents, and ongoing training and education for our amazing staff and families.
Questions? Contact LakeHavasuED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below::
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Provides direct resident care, completes assignments as a universal worker, assists in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents, and upholds Prestige’s core values of respect, integrity, commitment and trust.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides direct resident care while promoting resident dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents’ physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the Health Services Director, Expressions Coordinator, or Executive Director.
* Assists with or performs ADL’s, takes vital signs and weights and accurately documents care services provided and observations on communication log and incident reports. Reports and documents all incidents and accidents immediately.
* Assists residents to and from dining room and activities.
* Performs First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures as required.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously and answers phones when assigned.
* Follows and supports community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
* Serves meals in the dining room, assisting residents at meal time, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
* Assists with tours, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers and coordinates personal care service with co-workers assisting with lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
* Assists with apartment housekeeping services and residents laundry.
* Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Performs related duties as requested.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, residence, company information and records.
Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits. Complies with the attendance policy.
Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate attire. Participates in training, in services, and attends meetings as required.
Assists with projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
Must complete and pass competency evaluation within 120 days of employment, state required training including the Revised Fundamentals of Care, Dementia Care, First Aid, CPR and HIV training if not able to provide appropriate documentation of prior training.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED with one or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred