Athens Orthopedic Clinic is currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA). The position will provide coverage typically Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; however, some extended hours may be necessary as patient care warrants. The position will cover clinic in our Athens location.Position Summary:
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is responsible for age appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of assigned patients and assuring that planned care is delivered in a safe, economical and efficient manner following AOC’s policies and procedures, values and mission statement. The clinical staff is responsible for assessing patients' needs in compliance with established standards of care and practice and all regulatory, accrediting and legal requirements. The clinical staff is responsible for all assigned personnel, equipment and supplies and for promoting teamwork among patients, families, and physicians.Education/Qualifications:
Staff to be considered for this position will be Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and will possess the following minimal education and qualifications:
- Graduate of a certified Medical Assistant Program.
- Current and appropriate certification from the certification authority.
- Minimal of two (2) years’ experience in a clinical staff role.
- Previous experience working in an orthopedic care environment preferred.
- Current BLS certification required