Bethesda Health Group, Inc. has a Senior Accountant role available. This Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and be responsible for GAAP accounting through month end for multiple business units. Bachelor Degree in Accounting required. Skilled nursing/ Healthcare experience preferred.
Advanced Financial Statement Preparation, Month End Close, General Ledger, and Microsoft Excel Skills.
Position Purpose: Develop, analyze, and execute accounting and finance functions. Prepare managerial reports, financial reports, and general ledger.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
* Prepares and analyzes journal entries, income statement, balance sheet, revenue per day analysis, and other financial reports on a regular basis.
* Ensures timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements for management review and assists with the budget development.
* Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting reserves, assets and expenditures.
* Tracks financial status and provides explanations for variances from budgets.
* Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
* Analyzes and reviews invoice coding and accounts payable disbursements.
* Assist with preparation of 990 and SNF cost report workbooks.