Homestead Hospice is an equal opportunity employer-:
race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity:
Atlanta based Hospice company is seeking a Chief Operations Officer (COO). The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing a fast-paced Hospice environment, and have a desire to assist patients and families in their time of need. The chief operating officer position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. Working closely with the CEO, CIO and CFO, the COO will provide leadership to shape the organization’s future. The COO will develop operating plans, structures and systems to fulfill the vision of the company. The candidate will consistently ensure excellent service, responsible financial stewardship, company effectiveness, and regulatory compliance.
* A bachelor’s degree in business is required, although an advanced degree (MBA) is preferred.
* A minimum of at least 7 to 10 years high level management in senior care or hospital operation required
* Executive level experience preferred
* Experience with running a $300 million revenue operation.
* Previous experience with multiple site operations, minimum 25 offices
* Outstanding Management Skills
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Experience in Fiscal Management
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to maintain a “big picture” strategic view
* Exhibit a strong ability to translate policies into daily routine operations
* Must be self-assured, confident and goal-oriented
* Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
* Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
* Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
* Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
* Provide reports and interacts with the Board of Directors regarding operational performance and industry benchmarks and trends.
* Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
* Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team.
* Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
* Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
* Lead the company forward in an increasingly competitive environment.
* Foster the establishment of scalable and sustainable infrastructures and processes to ensure that every patient and family has a high quality, predictable experience.
* Position the company to achieve benchmark performance standards.
* Identify and develop successors and talent pools for all key positions.
* Develop extraordinary employees through extensive training.
* Create an environment where teaching is valued as part of the culture, and encourages personal growth and accountability in all areas.
* Negotiate financial and service agreements with physicians, partners, and vendors.
* Meet or exceed all regulatory compliance measures.
* Develop systems for communicating with all managers, teams and stakeholders and outside partners.
* Strong orientation toward service excellence.
* Communicate company priorities in new and effective ways, and seek out best practices in all areas of the company.
p. An equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity