Located in Lakeland, Florida Presbyterian Homes is a 68 bed, Joint Commission accredited nursing care center and 45 bed ALF. The nursing center has 34 beds dedicated to post-acute rehabilitation and 34 beds dedicated to long-term care. We are a single campus, continuing care retirement community that serves 325 residents.
Purpose of this position:
The primary purpose of your position is to perform nursing procedure that maximize the residents existing abilities, emphasize independence and minimize the negative effects of disability with an attitude of realistic optimism, while supervising C.N.A assigned to your floor, under the supervision of the Director of Nursing.
* High School diploma, or its equivalent and Must posses as a minimum , a Nursing Degree from an accredited college, university, or School or Nursing.
* Current unencumbered license to proactive as a Rn or LPN in this state Nursing License and CPR certification
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must meet general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include mental and physical examination.
* Must be in good health and demonstrate emotional stability.
* Must function independently, have flexible, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
* Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds and able to push, move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of _______ feet.
* Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
* Must be willing to perform tasks that may involve exposure to the residents blood/body fluids.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Specific Job Functions:
* Plan , develop, organize, implement, evaluate and supervise care services, as well as programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility in accordance with FPH, CQI and FCC standards.
* Ensure that sufficient staffing is available to ensure that resident care is provided to meet the daily nursing needs, minimize overtime, agency use, and unbudgeted hours.
* Develop work assignments, and/or assist staff in completing and performing tasks.
* Communicate with staff frequently to enhance services and respond to any changing conditions.
* Develop and maintain good working rapport with families and inter-departmental personnel through coordination and communication .
* Maintain compliance with all documentation while ensuring that narcotic records are accurate for your shift.
* Supervise nursing personnel to follow their respective job descriptions and nursing service procedure manuals.
* Receive , record, and transcribe physicians orders as required.
* Complete admission, transfer, discharge and incident reports as necessary.
* Make appropriate reports to Administration as required or as may be necessary.
* Ongoing preparation for surveys made by authorized government agencies.
* Achieve a high level of resident satisfaction.
* Achieve a high level of employee satisfaction
* Achieve a high level of satisfaction with other internal and external customers.
* Promote the Homes mission and vision. Help maintain a good public relations program that serves the best interest of the community.
Safety, Equipment, and Supplies:
* Ensure department policies and procedures identify appropriate safety precautions and equipment to use when performing tasks, which can result in bodily injury. Educate employees on same.
* Ensure that department employees attend and participate in a hazardous communication and universal precautions training program as established by CDC and OSHA guidelines, annual training and mandatory meetings.
* Ensure that current material safety data sheets for hazardous chemicals used are on file and easily accessible.
* Ensure department personnel are properly trained on equipment, tools and procedures. Promote safety within department.
* Participate in activities that achieve previous years development plan.
* Evaluates performance against expectations and adjusts for improvements.
FLORIDA PRESBYTERIAN HOMES
RAPID REHAB UNIT
JOIN OUR AWARD WINNING TEAM
CAREER SOURCE POLK'S 3 CONSECUTIVE YEARS
BEST PLACES TO WORK!
12 HOURS SHIFT
7 am - 7pm