Call today and ask about our updated, competitive wages!
The overall purpose of the Culinary Associate (Cook) position is to prepare meals and snacks for residents within guidelines of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Reads, understands, and complies with State Regulations established for Food Service departments.
* Prepares food according to the menu for the day, so that residents will receive the meals they are expecting, and they will be well-balanced and healthy for the residents.
* Ensures all meals are prepared following recipes and guidelines established by the Culinary Services Director.
* Follows all requests for special diets in order to assure good resident health.
* Tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards. Measures satisfaction levels among residents by walk-thru and conversations with residents on meal satisfaction.
* Places food servings on plates using standard measuring ladles, scoops, spoons, etc. in order to assure residents are getting sufficient portions. Makes sure plates are attractively presented by using appropriate placement and garnishes as necessary.
* Hot foods are at 140-160 degrees when served and cold foods at 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit when served.
* Meals are served on time according to the established and posted meal times for the community, every time.
* Demonstrates responsibility for the food service operation in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
* Washes and sanitizes dishes according to food service standards. Prepares sanitation sink according to directions and monitors and documents sanitizing solution levels. Assures dish wash water is at least 150-160 degrees before beginning to wash dishes. Assures rinse water is at least 180 degrees.
* Operates the dish washing process in an organized fashion. Scrapes and stacks dirty dishes in preparation for cleaning. After food is served, keep dirty dishes running through the dish machine until all dishes are clean and ready for the next meal.
* Assures all freezers are maintained at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below and refrigerators are maintained at 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit daily and the temperatures are documented.
* Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Four Fountains Convalescent and the care, comfort, and happiness or our residents.
* Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the Company Code of Business Conduct, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The Culinary Associate (Cook) must have the following:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* To be qualified for this position you must maintain a current Food Services Sanitation certificate and have one (1) year job related experience including food preparation, full-line menu items and therapeutic diets.
* A culinary apprenticeship or training is preferred in Long Term Care setting.
* To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
* You will also need to demonstrate your ability to serve seniors in a team environment.
* Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with residents, their families, vendors, community, and staff; also ability to respond to public inquiries and complaints in a tactful, effective manner.
* Knowledge of customer service techniques.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines.