Employee certified to administer medications, in accordance with state and federal laws, under the supervision of licensed staff to residents within facilities. Provide residents with direct care to assure quality of life in a home like environment while offering additional support to family and visitors. Maintains professional behavior while functioning as an interdisciplinary team member meeting state and federal guidelines.
Administers medication under the supervision of licensed nurse. In some situations may be required to supervise other staff or work independently.
Administers prescribed medications to residents and maintains related medical records under supervision of licensed nurse. Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug and dosage and time of administration on specified forms or records such as MAR. Presents medication to resident and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication, using specified procedures. Takes vital signs or observes resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notified designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered. Gives direct patient care, such as bathing, dressing and feeding of residents and assisting with prescribed treatments. May receive supply of ordered medications and apportion, mix or assemble drugs for administrator to resident. May record and restock medication inventories.
Training and Experience::
* High school graduate or minimum age of 18 year of age
* Completion Certified Medication Technician or Med Level One course and obtain certification in current state
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents, co-workers, visitors and families
* Ability to and adhere to HIPPA regulations requiring confidentiality of resident information
* Demonstrate accuracy in observation, performance and reporting
* Required to work under direct supervision of licensed nurse
* Able to administer prescribed medication to residents and maintain related medical records
* Possess ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing residents needs and ADL
* Possess ability to effectively communicate with supervisor, peers, family members and visitors
* Maintain resident confidentiality (HIPPA) at all time and adhere to residents rights
* Ability to recognize and adhere to resident care plan and maintain safe living environment by utilizing safety equipment and communicating with charge staff any notable changes or concerns.
* Demonstrate professional behavior and performance as an employee.
* Preparation and administration and documentation at appropriate times of all medications other than parenteral unless licensed. May be required to provide resident treatments as ordered by residents physician.
* Ability to provide direct physical and emotional care to resident including, but not limited to, personal hygiene, transferring, lifting, maintain records, confidentiality and assistance with activities of daily living.
* Recognize and report in a timely manner any change in resident condition to charge staff.
* Accurately observe, record and report resident care, condition or needs as well as concerns, food intake, output as ordered.
* Administer prescribed medications to residents and maintain related medical records under supervision of licensed nurse. Verified identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage and time of administration on specified forms or record.
* Presents medication and observes ingestion or other application or administers medication using specified procedures. May be required to administer tube feeding. Ttake vital signs or observes resident to detect response to specified types of mediation and prepares report or notifies supervisor of any unexpected reactions or lack of such. Documents reasons prescribed medications or treatments are not administered. May receive supply of ordered medications and apportion, mix, or assemble drugs for administration to resident. Responsible for counting and documenting narcotics at beginning or end of shift.
* Support co-workers by providing assistance as needed or requested in resident care.
* Report in timely manner any accidents or incidents involving residents, staff, visitors.
* Communicate through report to staff on preceding and oncoming shifts.
* Admit and discharge or transfer residents with proper documentation noted in nurses notes and complete of necessary and required forms.
* Must be able to work independently or with peers to provide care of residents. Must be able to work eight (8) hour shifts unless otherwise designated by supervisor. Must be able to provide first aid as needed.
* Must be able to meet requirements of certified nursing assistant as well as certified medication technician. Review both job descriptions.
* Valid drivers license and ability to meet company requirement related to driving if required.