ABOUT THE POSITION:
Part-Time; 16 hours/wk; 8 am – 5 pm; Tuesday & Thursday or Tuesday & Wednesdays; with flexibility to cover vacations
Assists the IP and OP OT/PT Managers and staff with business/patient care aspects of the department. To be trained to assist in the provision of occupational and physical therapy for patients of all ages. Customers/suppliers are patients/families, therapists, nursing personnel, other hospital employees, volunteers, and peer group.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare/transports patients to and from therapy services as needed (including to/from groups)
2. Assists patients from wheelchair/cart, etc. to proper positions for rehab treatment as needed/requested by therapists.
3. Obtains appropriate equipment to assist in treatment.
4. Complete clerical duties such as copying, making up/tearing down patient charts, filing, placing forms in appropriate charts,
faxing, maintaining handout volumes, and other requests of Manager or staff.
5. Complete cleaning/organizing/inventory responsibilities of all equipment/storage areas in different clinical areas as specified.
Put away new supplies/equipment when delivered.
6. Assists in the treatment of patients as delegated by the staff (including groups and at off site facilities). Works closely with
staff to identify time frame assistance is needed.
7. Update census lists with new orders, d/c’s, reassessment dates, rehab screens, and additional notes
8. Provide staff with current schedule, future schedule templates, and scheduling changes . Update schedule book with PTO
days, time off, Managers schedule, meetings, etc. Transfer 7T schedule to schedule book for staff. Also prepares weekend
lists and staffing lists for therapists.
9. Monitor messages on department phones and coordinate proper follow-up.
10. Restock linens, supplies, etc in all treatment areas. Also, restock wound care carts, as appropriate.
11. Fill O2 tanks for inpatient.
12. Locate and collect dirty equipment and gait belts from all treatment areas, clean and return to appropriate area. C lean ADL
showers and treatment mats between treatments.
13. Coordinate and share information regarding d/c dates, training camps, home assessments, Dr. appointments, neuropsych
appointments for 7T staff/patients
14. Coordinate drop off and pick up of equipment from Central processing
15. Maintain temp logs on hot/cold packs
16. Distribute mail as necessary.
17. Assist in maintaining data collection/management for department when appropriate.
18. Coordinate/oversee 7T and Marr Road volunteer program
19. Assist Manager/Sr. therapist in monitoring patient/staff levels and facilitating staff adjustments based on volumes.
20. Assist staff with patient set up on IPAD’s to complete FOTO’s survey
1. C lean/organize fridges as needed in all clinics
2. Schedule acute care/7T patients when needed. Update floor schedule and boards as appropriate
3. Finish ADL session when necessary
4. C lean patient equipment and return to appropriate place as needed.
5. Assist with home assessment paperwork set up and preparation of van.
6. Assist with group set-up/activities as needed
7. C lean cooking activity dishware in appropriate dishwasher and maintain temp log.
8. Assist in completion of VAC initiation paperwork, as well as steps required when VAC dc’d.
1. Assist patients in preparation for aquatic sessions as necessary.
2. Complete other duties as needed to ensure smooth operation of the Rehab Service Line
3. Shop for supplies/items as needed/requested
4. Organize wheelchairs/equipment on 7T
5. C lean department equipment as needed.
6. Assists manager in scheduling meetings and other projects
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
CPR certification required.