We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care. Mary Free Bed stands apart from other organizations by the unique combination of:
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, the BCBA/Psychotherapist is responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of behavioral assessments and interventions. Provide psychotherapy to select patients.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Complete Functional Behavior Assessments and treatment plans to guidelines.
- Complete psychotherapy assessments and treatment plans to guidelines.
- Supervise ABA Behavior Technicians and implementation of treatment plans.
- Completes behavioral observation protocols and participates in research projects as requested.
- Provide counseling/psychotherapy to select patients under the supervision of a fully licensed psychologist, as assigned by Chief Psychologist.
- Participate in consultation sessions with the treatment team and parents.
- Complete required documentation according to protocols and within outlined time parameters.
- Meet departmental performance standards.
- If dual credentialed, complete psychotherapy assessments and treatment plans, and provide counseling/psychotherapy to select patients under the supervision of a fully licensed psychologist, as assigned by Chief Psychologist.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) required.
- Three (3) years prior employment experience in human service including multidisciplinary behavioral analysis and behavioral interventions.
- BCBA specific Clinical experience in functional behavior assessment and treatment of neuro-developmental disorders.
- BCBA specific Clinical experience in behavioral parent training.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Current Michigan driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Other Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master's degree (or higher) from an accredited university or institution of higher learning in psychology or social work.
- Licensed or Limited Licensed as a Psychologist or Social Worker in the State of Michigan.
- Clinical experience in individual, family and group therapy settings.
- Clinical experience in assessment and treatment of neuro-developmental disorders and mental health/behavioral health disorders for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in behavioral data collection and interventions with fidelity.
- Proficiency with the use of computers and knowledge of operational procedures.
- Physical Demands:
- Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
- To lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally
- To sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing;
- To use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.