This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
Works under the supervision of the Environmental Services Coordinator. The Environmental Services Assistant cleans and serves patient, public, departmental and administration areas maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all areas.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Assemble cleaning supplies and equipment for transporting safely to designated area.
2. Must be able to perform routine and discharge patient rooms according to department standards.
3. Must be able to perform routine cleaning of all general area and public restrooms.
4. Must be proficient in removal and proper policy of separation of all types of hazardous waste and be able to share that knowledge.
5. Moves furniture for cleaning and meeting set-ups.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of hazardous chemicals and safe use of equipment reporting and malfunctions to coordinator.
7. Promotes customer satisfaction by scheduling cleaning function around patient needs and requests.
8. Must be able to properly demonstrate proficiency in all isolation policies and procedures.
9. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. and knowledge of the English language. Must be able to read and write the English language and follow instructions, both written and verbal.
2. Licensure/Certifications: None
3. Experience: None