Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Provides direct resident care, completes assignments as a universal worker, assists in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents, and upholds Prestige’s core values of respect, integrity, commitment and trust.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides direct resident care while promoting resident dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents’ physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the Health Services Director, Expressions Coordinator, or Executive Director.
* Assists with or performs ADL’s, takes vital signs and weights and accurately documents care services provided and observations on communication log and incident reports. Reports and documents all incidents and accidents immediately.
* Assists residents to and from dining room and activities.
* Performs First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures as required.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously and answers phones when assigned.
* Follows and supports community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
* Serves meals in the dining room, assisting residents at meal time, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
* Assists with tours, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers and coordinates personal care service with co-workers assisting with lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
* Assists with apartment housekeeping services and residents laundry.
* Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Performs related duties as requested.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents’ families, visitors and staff.
Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, residence, company information and records.
Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits. Complies with the attendance policy.
Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate attire. Participates in training, in services, and attends meetings as required.
Assists with projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
Must complete and pass competency evaluation within 120 days of employment, state required training including the Revised Fundamentals of Care, Dementia Care, First Aid, CPR and HIV training if not able to provide appropriate documentation of prior training.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED with one or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred
Warm and friendly are two words that describe our Prestige Assisted Living community in Henderson. Our upbeat and personable staff is committed to getting to know our residents and their family. As a result, our residents become like our family. :
Our pet-friendly community is located in a residential neighborhood and is adjacent to the beautiful Lake Mead Recreation Area, allowing you and your family to choose from a variety of activities or simply relax and enjoy a quiet afternoon. :
In addition to the many community amenities we also offer Celebrations, a program that is focused on six wellness categories that empower residents to explore new or treasured hobbies, pastimes and skills. With the Henderson Celebrations program, residents have the tools to explore a host of exhilarating new activities and to live life the way they want. :
Henderson also offers award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program, designed to make our residents feel accepted, important, comfortable… at home. Expressions creates a buffer against fear and the stress of dementia and other forms of cognitive impairment through activities that stimulate the body and mind, and enrich the life of our residents.:
Questions? Contact HendersonED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below::