Colavria Therapy Services provides innovative and quality rehabilitation to our 5-star rated skilled nursing communities: Gardens on Quail, Saint Paul Health Center, The Rehabilitation Center at Sandalwood, and Westlake Care Community. We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our team!:
We are proudly managed by Colavria Hospitality. A local, family-owned company specializing in assisted living, rehabilitation, and long-term care in the greater Denver area.
Open Position: PRN :
What you’ll be doing every day: :
Your primary role is to meet the resident's goals and needs and provide quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription:
* Assist resident develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities by implementing programs involving manual arts and crafts, practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills, activities of daily living, and sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities; directing aides, technicians, and assistants.
* Evaluate results of occupational therapy by observing, noting, and evaluating resident's progress; recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications
* Complete discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to resident care conferences
* Assure continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing and instructing residents, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending home health follow-up programs if needed.
* Must be knowledgeable of rehab practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing rehab functions in the long-term care facility:
Who we are looking for: :
You will be able to demonstrate composure, customer focus, patience, and the ability to gain trust and establish rapport with residents and your team.:
* A strong passion to work in an environment with people that are unwell, disabled, or living with dementia
* Graduate of an accredited program in occupational therapy (BSOT or MSOT or DOT) NBCOT-certified
* Registered/licensed in Colorado
* One year’s experience in long-term care or related setting preferred:
You will be a great fit for our community if you:
* Prefer working in an environment where you are "not just a number"
* Share our values: innovation, collaboration, and harmonious relationships and work environments.
* Are great at building relationships and understand the person-centered care model
* Have great ideas and want to make meaningful contributions every day
* Are happy with your job but would like to grow it into a career
* Would like to start or continue your career. We love new grads, those looking to transition into a career in senior services.:
We care about your physical, mental, and financial well-being and offer::
* Competitive pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
* Employee Assistance and Wellness program
* PTO and holiday pay
* 401(K) with a great match!
* Flexible Spending
* Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Opportunities
* Education programs
* Much more!: